Hotel Playa Larga, located in the natural surroundings of Bahia de Cochinos (Bay of Pigs), is a wonderful choice for families who enjoy the outdoors, birdwatchers and all levels of scuba divers who can expect some of Cuba’s best dive sites. Hotel Playa Larga offers basic air-conditioned accommodation with private bathrooms and satellite TV and an attractive half board package where breakfast and dinner is included .
Please request your Havana or Varadero airport – hotel transfer during the online hotel reservation process or by contacting our customer support offices.
Address: Playa Larga, Matanzas, Bay of Pigs, Cuba
Number of Rooms: 68
Distance to Airport: 131 Kms
Meal Plan: Room & Breakfast
Check In Time: 4:00 PM
Check Out Time: 12:00 M
Hotel Playa Larga, located between the beach and the forest near Playa Larga, is a paradise for everyone who loves the outdoors. It’s especially attractive for birdwatchers, who travel from far and wide to explore the excellent trails, and scuba divers of all levels who can feast their eyes on colorful coral, gorgonians, sponges and other under water species. Experienced divers can explore the underwater caves that are part of the Montemar Cave system, some of which are 70 meters deep.
Playa Larga offers 68 basic air-conditioned rooms with private bathrooms, balcony or terrace and satellite TV. Other facilities include restaurants, a swimming pool, shops and tennis courts. For an extra 5 CUC per person (free for kids under 2 years old), you can take the short boat ride to Guamá.
Add diving services to your hotel reservation, book and pay on-line scuba dive packages.
The Bay of Pigs has a number of exclusive features for dive (and snorkel) enthusiasts:
• It is an exceptional dive site located relatively close to Varadero and Havana.
• We talk about shore-diving; from the coast. Boat-transport becomes unnecessary (beneficial for people suffering seasickness), making the immersions economically more attractive.
• This also implies that one usually could make two immersions during daytime and one night dive.
• One can combine open water and cave diving in flooded brackish water, which is common in this area.
Enrich and plan your travel itinerary. Book and pay on-line attractive scuba dive packages, together with your hotel reservation in Playa Larga or Playa Girón.
Scuba diving packages include:
- Diving instructor, wetsuit, BCD, mask, fins (brands: Mares or Cressi), tank, weights and transfers to and from hotel.
- Access to 4 International Diving Centers (11 dive spots):
• International Dive Center "Octopus" (at 100 meters from Playa Larga)
• International Dive Center "Punta Perdiz" (at 20 km from Hotel Playa Larga)
• International Dive Center "Azul" (in Hotel Playa Girón)
• International Dive Center "Caleta Buena" (located 8 km from Hotel Playa Girón
- Daily departure from hotel at 09.00 hours/am (other departures locally to be determined).
- Diver should bring his/her own flashlight for night dives.
- Certified divers must show their certification.
When reserving accommodation on-line, the scuba dive packages can be booked optionally. The prices are linked to the room occupancy (single, double or triple room = 1, 2, 3 divers). In case of a different number of participants or published immersions, please contact us for a tailored quote.
General Hotel Facilities
Some services require local payment
Hotel Playa Larga - Rooms Details & Rates
Cabana Room... from US$74 --> US$57 Standard Room : The rate includes accommodation in a standard room with breakfast included. The boat transfer to Guamá is not included in the price.
Balcony or terrace
Cold & hot water
from US$74 --> US$57
For reservations made between
December 20, 2016 to October 29, 2017
For stays between
January 1, 2017 to October 31, 2017
*Advertised rates are based on single occupancy
Hotel Playa Larga Location
Playa Larga is located in the Bay of Pigs, 131 km from Varadero’s "Juan Gualberto Gómez" International Airport.
Most popular hotels nearby
This hotel is looking bright and fresh. The Playa Girón hotel is the ideal location for vacationers who love nature, the beach and water sports.
Unique in Cuba, the Hotel Villa Guamá is a collection of independent wooden and palm-thatched cottages built over a lake and interconnected by wooden walkways. The entire complex is a replica of a Cuban indigenous village.
The swimming pool will be closed from February 2016 until further notice.